20050706

Sundays

You smiled and the blue sky
floated round in silver pieces
the air tasted sweet
and the colours passed through me
Raining from the stars
Each had a flavour
A feeling
Each had a bigger smile

The sun walked with me
Streaching, living
Voicing its golden words
It kissed the land
It trickeling
Into the warm arms of night
Bathing the sky in burning rays of fire

I woke to grey sky
Hanging from my head
Dragging back my hair
My heart was heavy
Swallowed by the stones

You turned out the light
And made me close my eyes
When the sun rose
It was a dry hard biscuit

4 Comments:

Blogger Lorena said...

such beautiful sundays of back then. i love how you use nature in your poems. you form such a intimate relationship with it.
lovely.

4:12 AM  
Blogger Sue hardy-Dawson said...

Lorena I need the sun and its only been flirting with me again today, lack of sunshine makes me really grumpy.

12:14 PM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

Now You seem to master, bleding with the voice of nature

Hope is playing big part of this poem...I loved the way you wrote it ...

Thank you for your kind words in my blog

10:05 PM  
Blogger Sue hardy-Dawson said...

Thankyou Iamnasra and you are welcome but you always amaze me with your mastery of a second language to a degree that allows you to write poetry in it

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home