20061026

The Misunderstood Monster

'I hate being a monster mum'
The little monster said
'I’m scared of other monsters
And I hate it under beds

It hurts when children run away
I jump when people scream
I don’t suit a monster diet
Just give me chips and ice cream

I’m allergic to dust and spiders
I need to hold hands in the dark
I don’t want to make noises in cupboards
I’d rather go play in the park?

I guess what I’m trying to say mum
Is I’m different to you and dad
Do you think you could love me as I am?
Cause I’m no good at being bad'

11 Comments:

Blogger Russell Ragsdale said...

What a wonderful, warm-fuzzy monster. Thanks Sue!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hey we're leaving town Nov 10th! Must come see you one thurs.

Laura

1:08 PM  
Blogger Pat Paulk said...

Great monster poem!! Make a good read for the kids!!

3:19 PM  
Blogger gulnaz said...

awww that was soo sweet!!!!
:))

9:23 PM  
Blogger Nicole Braganza said...

awww....

9:30 PM  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

this could have been used in the 'blurb' for Monsters Inc. not silly but fun. you really do manage to capture that magic moment when kids, aged about 4 to 7, are a sheer delight to observe.

9:57 AM  
Blogger MB said...

I need to hold hands in the dark
Awww, that says it all. What a fun poem.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Neetee said...

Oh I LOVE this sweet, sweet poem. I have just enough child left in me that made me simply adore it.

3:58 AM  
Blogger Carbanion Tolodine said...

The only monster in this world is human kind. We must be afraid of this and his madness.

9:32 AM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

Its true they could use it for Monsters Inc I loved it...You so good with children poetry

4:24 PM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

join under your country for peace theme in http://mimilenox.blogspot.com/2006/10/grant-us-peace.html or can get the info ...spread the word if u can

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home