20060119

The Bottolist

I’m a famous Bottolist
I study bottles
I built a hide to watch em
There’s a nest near the nettles.

I’ve been watching for weeks!
I call him Speck
He’s the Alpen male
Other Bottolists may notice
The speck on his neck.

The one over there
With the crack in her side
I call that one Sal
She’s their main hunter,
Oh look a rare sight of her catching a snail!
It’s doomed once inside.

They seem to be nocturble
Sociable within family groups
Other Bottelists will be aware
That nests sometimes called Dumps
Can be found every where
In small pockets of rubbish

Note: Dumps are built mainly
From paper, old rugs and roots

I haven’t yet caught a sniff, of any youngsters
They must keep them in burrows under the ground
They don’t move much, but if your lucky
You might just catch one flying over the fence

10 Comments:

Blogger Amit Gaur said...

flying over the fence ??

8:32 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Hehehe.... I love your creativity :-)

6:45 AM  
Blogger Shubhodeep said...

great! a relief, to say the least!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Sue hardy-Dawson said...

Amit the bottles of corse when people throw them away

thankyou Nessa

Shubhodeep I'm so glad to have brought you relief

11:28 AM  
Blogger Carbanion Tolodine said...

I love it, a good idea! Bottle you said! It's a beautiful idea!

So i go to have a drink and take a bottle. Take care of yourself.

7:33 PM  
Blogger MB said...

Ah, you make me laugh. This is a good thing.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Russell Ragsdale said...

A light and wonderful poem, Sue! Birdwatching just grew a smirk. We are so happily obsessed.

1:57 AM  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

roger stevens! get your bum over here NOW and sign this girl up.
so delightfully inventive and so funny.

8:55 AM  
Blogger naridu said...

snail trapping hunter bottle

simple delight

this is fantastic

so glad i found you

:)

1:40 AM  
Blogger Sue hardy-Dawson said...

Carba I may just enjoy one myself

Mb thank-you

Russel, you mean you watch birds?

CJ I don't know if word verrifacation allows bottoms

Fin I have a nest of bottles in my garden and if looked after properly they can give you hours of entertainment- of corse it takes years of study to learn how to keep them alive

Naridu I'm glad too

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home