20051014

Granny's Magic

Granny always told me about the magic
It always started with a warm safe feeling
The feeling that comes from being loved
Climbing on clouds pulled by silver unicorns
Calling the spring
In a dawn light as crystal
Balmy as sugar syrup I stirred in my sleep
Smelling the fresh baked bread on her table
Listened to the lullabies sung by the river

Her voice made of butterflies and sunlight
Soothed me to sleep
Until the unicorns faded yawning
Into the whispering sea of morning
And butterflies settled into coloured rainbows

Now I remember Granny’s voice in magic dreams
And how she could always make the bad things vanish.

8 Comments:

Blogger . : A : . said...

Beautiful touch of both magic and reality in this poem. Lovely.

3:07 AM  
Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Magical! Indeed!!

I can see why you liked some of the pieces over at Khaya's Poet's Dinner site. I see some similarities in your work.

Bye!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Neetee said...

You've learned to soothe souls with words as your Granny did. Thank you for such a wonderful poem.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Russell Ragsdale said...

Wow! "Into the whispering sea of morning" Wow! This poem gave me the courage to go there again! This was pure wonder and happiness; I loved it!

5:04 AM  
Blogger Carbanion Tolodine said...

This is one of the best poem i have read for a long time. It's a beautiful one. Keep on dreaming.

Take care of yourself, bye

9:28 PM  
Blogger Brood Mode said...

lovely post. i can relate to it so well. after so many yrs i still miss my granny's stories

11:47 AM  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

In a very odd and bizarre way I yearn for when I too am a grandparent and rather than, on ocassion, having to wield my parental authority I can settle back and relay the stories of when I was young to my captive audience.
Fabulous post Sue. Love it.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Sue hardy-Dawson said...

Dear everyone thankyou for your kind words, its lovely to find so many of us share special relationships with some one who has such an effect on you life even if they can only be with you in spirit

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home